- Cities with highest M-o-M talent demand growth in Jun’22: Jaipur (23%), Hyderabad/Secunderabad (15%) and Ahmedabad (2%)
- Pune slipped from its #1 spot for talent demand in May’22, saw the steepest fall of 19% in Jun’22
- Mumbai only metro city to note 1% M-o-M increase in talent demand in study period, rest all metros saw subdued demand
- Sectors with highest M-o-M talent demand growth in Jun’22: Projects/ Infrastructure (11%), Petrochemicals/ Oil and Gas (7%) and Automobiles (4%)
- Job profiles with highest M-o-M talent demand growth in Jun’22: Doctors/ Medical Professionals (13%), Customer Services/ Tele Calling (11%) and Quality/Process Control (8%)
National, Jul 9, 2022: With Work From Office (WFO) becoming a mandate at most workplaces, Tier II cities that are aflush with office space supply are the new hubs for talent acquisition. Jaipur, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad claimed the maximum talent demand in Jun’22 v/s May’22 comparison, revealed an indepth study done by TimesJobs RecruiteX. RecruiteX is a monthly recruitment index by e-recruitment portal TimesJobs that records the demand and supply of talent at India Inc.
Online job postings for Jaipur and Hyderabad noted a double-digit growth in M-o-M study by RecruiteX. The overall talent demand for Jun’22 slumped by 31 basis points (corresponding to 21%) in M-o-M study. Projects/Infrastructure, Petrochemicals/ Oil and Gas and Automobiles claimed maximum talent demand on a M-o-M basis.
Explaining the trends from the TimesJobs RecruiteX Jun’22 Edition, Sanjay Goyal, Business Head, TimesJobs and TechGig said, “Companies are re-opening their work spaces and promoting work from office. To offer work flexibility and retain talent, some are offering hybrid work and work from satellite offices too. This has put the spotlight on Tier II cities that have abundant office supply or host nodal offices for multi-national corporations. In this wake, many businesses – including IT giant Infosys and IBM – recently announced to set up new satellite offices in Tier II cities. This tidal shift made Tier II cities the top job hubs with maximum talent demand. Jaipur (23%), Hyderabad (15%) and Ahmedabad (2%) claimed the highest M-o-M talent demand in Jun’22. Metropolitan cities – which usually gross maximum talent – saw a slump in talent demand in the May’22 vs Jun’22 comparison.”
Notably, Jaipur and Hyderabad are home to the most well-known companies including Infosys, Genpact, Google, IBM, Cognizant, and Honeywell among others. Here’s a look at the city-wise talent demand trends for Jun’22:
Here are the other trends from TimesJobs RecruiteX Jun’22 Edition:
The Projects/Infrastructure sector increased its M-o-M talent demand by 9 basis points at RecruiteX, corresponding to 11% growth. Top three gainers for M-o-M talent demand in Jun’22 were:
- Projects/Infrastructure: 11%
- Petrochemicals/ Oil and Gas: 7%
- Automobiles: 4%
Functional Areas }}
Most jobs in Jun’22 were posted for Doctors/ Medical Professionals. Owing to an increase in the COVID-19 infection cases nation-wide, this profile saw 13% gain in M-o-M talent demand in Jun’22. Its talent demand improved by 22 basis points at RecruiteX. The top three gainers for M-o-M talent demand in Jun’22 were:
- Doctors/ Medical Professionals: 13%
- Customer Services/ Tele Calling: 11%
- Quality/Process Control: 8%
Complete report available at https://bit.ly/3nPncT1
About TimesJobs RecruiteX:
TimesJobs RecruiteX is the recruitment index for India. It is an analysis identifying the hiring activity and trends in India Inc. Based on tactful extraction and examination of jobs posted and applied for in a month at TimesJobs, it details ‘recruitment’ as a process backed by hiring sentiments of a recruiter and aspirations of the job seekers alike.