- TechGig’s Assess Online will help school teachers to assess students across all subjects and grades
- The platform enables teachers to set up assessments, review student submissions and indicate areas of improvement easily
- Nearly 70% of survey respondents shared that they don’t have access to a quality online assessment tool
- This platform works in low-network areas also, facilitating learning anywhere, anytime for students and teachers in remote areas
- Assess Online uses an advanced plagiarism checker to ensure the assignments are original and not copied
- Assess Online is free for use
New Delhi, April 22, 2020: The online classes have become a preferred way to facilitate school learning amid the COVID-19 lockdown, but surprisingly 33% teachers are unsure about the ‘discipline’ factor in such classes, highlights a TechGig survey. These teachers are doubtful if the students are attentive in their online class and how much concepts do students imbibe via online learning. Nearly, 70% of survey respondents shared that they don’t have access to a quality online assessment tool in a survey conducted by TechGig.
Also, most online learning platforms work best on a high network only, leaving the teachers and students constantly grappling with the network issues. There’s another big loophole too – most such platforms don’t check plagiarism, meaning the assignments submitted by students can be copied without the platform raising an alarm about it.
To resolve these all challenges head-on, India’s largest technology community TechGig – which already offers an online learning and assessment platform for colleges called Code Learn – curated its best new-age tools to launch a school-focused platform called ‘Assess Online’.
Elaborating on the features of Assess Online, Sanjay Goyal, Business Head, TimesJobs and TechGig said, “In the present COVID-19 lockdown time, we see a lot of school teachers struggling to find a complete assessment solution to measure their students’ performance and classes’ effectiveness. Most don’t know which platform to opt for or are left tackling the irritating ‘network error’ issue or are unsure about the efficiency of the online learning mode. Being a technology platform, we wanted to offer a solution to solve all these problems. I’m glad to introduce ‘Assess Online’ – a free to use, one-stop assessment platform for school teachers and students.”
Describing Assess Online as a ‘power-packed platform’, Sanjay Goyal added that his team had used TechGig’s best technology features and tools to make it an easy to use platform for the school teachers and their young audience. Assess Online is a smart solution that empowers the teachers to assess students on various courses. Here are its key features:
- Create Assessments: Curate required assessments with various options like multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks, subjective and project submission questions
- Auto Evaluation: Each student submission is auto-evaluated and is ready for teacher’s review on a dashboard
- Remote Working: The platform is designed to work on low-network areas as well
- Plagiarism Checker: Advanced plagiarism checker to ensure the tasks are original
- Individual Attention: Through the dashboard, teachers can see the performance of each student and identify their weak areas. Students can also refer to the discussion forum for doubts
About 13 schools have already switched to ‘Assess Online’. Another 131 school teachers recently worked on the ‘Assess Online’ platform and were impressed with its ease of use. One of the teachers, Kanchan who teaches in a Delhi-NCR based school said, “I’m impressed how quickly I could create assignments. I had to do no labour. After that assignment evaluation happened automatically and I could spend that time working on improving the weaker learning areas for my students”.
This easy-to-use platform lets the teachers create the desired assessments using multiple tools quickly. Its ‘auto-evaluation’ reviews students’ performance automatically, offering a lot of time for teachers to focus on enriched learning.
Assess Online is free for use @ https://engage.techgig.com/assessments
TechGig is a culmination of everything related to technology. TechGig is a platform exclusively for IT professionals to synergize, share, exchange ideas, facts and information as well as showcase their work and express their views on the vast repertoire that the IT industry encompasses. Garnering cutting-edge insights, jobs, reviews and news, as well as providing a platform for connecting with colleagues and peers are the mainstay of TechGig.
Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org